OOC: Preview of the “Style Meme” an anon challenged me to do
I present Splendorman in the style of Tokyo Mew Mew.
This style meme is hard as I’ve never heard of half of these series so I’m not sure I’m doing the styles justice.
Here's a challenge! Fill out a style meme!
Trender: Oh now you’ve done it.
Ender: She’s going to spend hours on this. Just you wait and see.
Slender: You know, Ging, you don’t have to do this.
Splendor: Oh! Do a manga style one! Draw us in different manga styles!
Trender, are turtlenecks OK?
Trender: In certain situations.
Dear Trender, Someone came to my school with a dress made of duct tape. Any comments? I'm left speechless.
Trender: I give them points for managing to make clothing out of duct tape. But as I did not see this dress in person, I can’t critique it too much.
hey, have any of you guys seen the series "Monk"?
Splendor: The one about the obsessive compulsive detective? Yes, we’ve seen it.
Ginger: He pissed me off. So we don’t invite him to hang out with us anymore.
Its OK that me and a group dress up as you boys for a Halloween dance, right?
Slender: so long as you dance well, yeah.
I need a new show to watch. You all have any recommendation?
OOC: Okay I was going to try and draw an answer to this ask, but I couldn’t do it because the show I’m going to recommend is too good for me to even attempt to draw an answer (which I guess would have just been fanart for the show).
I highly recommend watching Hannibal.
So why should you watch Hannibal?
1) The show acts as a prequel of sorts to the book Red Dragon, which is part of the series about Hannibal Lecter written by Thomas Harris. The book series that the films Manhunter, Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising are based on. (Okay let’s just not count Hannibal Rising for this right now).
2) It gives more insight to the relationships of the characters in Red Dragon and reveals more about Will Graham (who has pure empathy and that’s just the coolest shit ever) as well as Hannibal Lecter himself (for those of you who don’t know, Hannibal is a suave as fuck Cannibalistic Serial Killer who was more class and charm than half the people I know IRL…which makes him very alluring. He’s also a psychiatrist who has far too much fun toying with his patients, but he is intelligent enough and manipulative enough to pull that off)
3) THERE ARE SO MANY PLOT TWISTS AND CRAZY MINDFUCK MOMENTS AND IT’S LIKE WHAT THE HELL IS REAL AND WHAT’S NOT I DONT EVEN FUCKING KNOW WHATS GOING ON
4) The acting, writing, cinematography, plot, characterization, and visual effects for this show are stunning. Honestly, there’s nothing like it on TV. Every episode feels more like a movie than a show.
5) I love how they took characters from the book that were male and made them female for the show so the show could have more than one strong woman to kick ass and take names. Yes that also means there is a slight romance story to the show, but honestly that comes second to all the other crazy shit that goes down.
6) Who doesn’t want to watch a man with pure empathy and a cannibalistic serial killer work together with the FBI to solve crimes? I mean it’s pretty amazing.
7) I feel I’m not providing solid reasoning…but trust me you should just watch it.
8) MADS MIKKELSEN PLAYS HANNIBAL AND IF HIS PERFORMANCE DOESNT MAKE YOU QUESTION YOUR MORALS THEN YOU ARENT ENJOYING THE SHOW PROPERLY. CAUSE EVERY FUCKING EPISODE IM LIKE “IM SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW…BUT HES EATING PEOPLE…BUT HES SO AMAZING…BUT HES EVIL. FUCK ME.”
9) HUGH DANCY PLAYS WILL GRAHAM AND HUGH’S ACTING CAPABILITIES ARE JUST. I CANT EVEN.
10) Honestly the show is full of so many unexpected things that it’s a thrill to watch and every episode leaves you wondering, “OH MY GOD! WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?! HOLY SHIT!” And you’d think a show about an FBI agent working with a serial killer would be obvious (like oh clearly hes gonna figure out that dude is a killer and catch him) but you are wrong. So, so wrong. This show is amazing.
yeah. watch hannibal. do it. now.
Which one of you is the strongest?
Trender: Did you not see my muscles? Clearly me.